Nassau, Bahamas, October 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Islands of Bahamian will again be in full view at the 63rd Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS), October 26-30to promote the nautical sector in the country.
Property of the Maritime Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF), and produced by Informa Markets, FLIBS is recognized as the world’s largest in-water boat show.
John PinderParliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Tourism, Investments and Aviation with Dr. Kenneth RomerDeputy Director General of the Ministry of Tourism, Investments and Aviation (BMOTIA) are expected at the show and meet with various members of the international media, investors and leading partners in the yachting industry.
“Boating is a very important sector for The Bahamian especially as we continue to see significant arrivals to our islands by boat. To date, we are back to over 80% of pre-pandemic levels,” said the Honorable I. Chester CooperDeputy Prime Minister and Minister of Tourism, Investments and Aviation of the Islands of Bahamian.
“FLIBS is an incredible opportunity for us to showcase the extensive offerings we have in this space, while networking with key partners in industry, media and more. We look forward to another successful year of promoting our partners and our experiences with boating enthusiasts in Fort Lauderdale“.
With Florida being the largest source market for the yachting industry, the team led by the Executive Director, Bridgette King and Senior Director, Gregoire Rolle are prepared for an influx of inquiries for the 2023 sailing season.
In fact, according to Senior Manager Rolle, it may be one of the most important shows of the year and will be a performance indicator for next year. We have a record number of stakeholders at the show this year and by all indications we are confident that 2023 will be another banner year for boating.
Bahamian highlights will include:
- FLIBS Booth: Customers are encouraged to stop at Bahamian Booth #23, located in the main tent, to learn about the latest offerings and developments in the yachting industry and register early for popular 2023 boating adventures. Yacht charter brokers will also be invited to participate in the Bahamas Yacht Charter Show February 2023.
- FLIBS Seminars: Participants will have access to two seminars organized by The Bahamian:
- October 28: boat at the Bahamian hosted by Grant JohnsonBahamas Yachting Ambassador and Jonathan Lord, Ambassador BMOTIA. The seminar will take place at 4 p.m. to Broward County Congress Palace.
- October 29: boat at the Bahamian hosted by Robert BrousseauBahamas Yachting Ambassador and Jonathan LordBMOTIA Ambassador – 4 p.m. to Broward County Congress Palace.
- FLIBS Happy Hour: In partnership with Staniel Cay Yacht Club and Makers Air, The Islands of The Bahamian will organize a happy hour on site. Visitors to the show can stop at Bahamian booth #23 on October 29 Between 2 p.m.-3 p.m. for Bahamian bites and Bahama Mama cocktails.
- And more: The Bahamas will be featured at Worth Avenue Yachts’ Evening Event Experience at the Yacht Docks. Attendees will have the opportunity to experience a taste of Junkanoo, as well as Graycliff’s famous cigar rolling and tasting.
The complete list of this year’s participants Bahamian partners and exhibitors include: Romora Bay Hotel & Marina, Odyssey Aviation Bahamas, Makers Air, Staniel Cay Yacht Club, Sandals Emerald Bay, Atlantis Paradise Island, Bay Street Marina, Valentines Resort, Grand Bahama Yacht Club, Grand Bahama Island Tourism Board, Kalik, 3N’s Exuma Vacations, Bahamas National Trust, Bahamasair, Bluff House Resort & Marina, Nassau Yacht Haven, Neal Watson Bimini Scuba Center, Tropic Ocean Airways, Silver Airways, Buzz Air, Bradford NavyBimini Big Game Club, Abaco Beach Resort, Graycliff Hotel, Sterling Financial Group, Hurricane Hole Superyacht Marina and Montage Cay.
For more information, please visit www.FLIBS.com and https://www.bahamas.com/getting-here/boating.
ABOUT THE BAHAMAS
Explore all the islands have to offer on www.bahamas.com or on Facebook, YouTube or Instagram to find out why It’s Better in The Bahamian.
Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and Aviation
SOURCE Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, Investments and Aviation